The Startup Label is a label granted to any company under Tunisian law meeting the criteria of the ”Startup Act” which are 5 requirements.
- AGE: The company must be less than 8 years old since its legal incorporation.
- SIZE: The company must have less than 100 employees and less than 15 MDT (million dinars, 4,8 millions d’Euros) of total balance sheet or annual turnover.
- SHARE CAPITAL: The capital of the company must be held at more than 2/3 by persons, regulated investment organizations (investment funds, etc.) or foreign startups.
- INNOVATION: The business model of the startup must be innovative, i.e. provide an interesting and differentiated solution to a given problem.
- SCALABILITY: The company’s target market must be large and homogeneous; the solution provided must be adapted to the market (solution-market fit) and the team in charge must be able to implement the project properly.
Orange Money, now available in Morocco
Riposte against Covid-19 Bridges Builder Favourites
Mohamadou Diallo, Founder of Cio Mag & ”African Digital Tour”. ”22 of the 51 investment funds, are in Africa and run by Africans.”
mPharma: The application that connects hospitals, pharmacies, doctors and patients